Monday, September 28, 2015

Hello South Carolina!

Hola Ms. Myrtle and Sir. Charleston!

This weekend le boy, the ladies and moi will be flying our human [and canine] butts to South Carolina, YAY!!!!

The trip was intended to be Myrtle Beach only, but after short consideration I realized that there is not much to do at Myrtle in early October, sooooo I decided to add a car rental to our reservations and now we are going on a Sunday day trip to Charleston and I cannot be more excited! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

So here's what our vacation looks like [and I will update accordingly, after the trip]:

Friday:  The Boardwalk

This one should be fun to walk around on an early Fall afternoon... into the night.

UPDATE:  Cancelled.  Fucked up by storm floodings. 

Saturday:  California Roots Concert

The reason for our trip!  We have become 311 concert goers, so when mah man found out that 311 was going to perform at the California Roots concert, well, things were booked and now we both can't wait!

UPDATE:  Cancelled.  Fucked up by storm floodings. 

Sunday:  Charleston, S.C.

I would be lying if I said I never cared to come to this city.  I've seen how beautiful it looks on TV and I have been wanting to visit for a while now.  I am so so so excited we will get the opportunity to walk the streets of Charleston.  I, of course, jumped on the opportunity of going as soon as I realized there was not much of interest for us in Myrtle Beach after California Roots all day concert was done and over with.  It is only 2 hours away from Myrtle so a day trip on a Sunday seemed feasible and stupid to not do.  I did my lil research and since we will only get a few hours in Charleston, I wanted to make the most of it, so I found this Free Tours By Foot guided tour (which I have already used their amazing tour guide services when we went to NOLA) and booked us a Historic Charleston tour.  The tour is two hours and I'm SURE it will be very informative and amazing and a great way to learn the most about this city.

UPDATE:  Cancelled.  Fucked up by storm floodings. 

Some of the areas visited during the tour are:

The French Quarter:  Four Corners of Law a/k/a the courthouse:  "Known as "the Four Corners of Law" because the intersection hosted buildings from each level of government: the Courthouse (state law), City Hall (municipal law), the Federal Building and U.S. Post Office (federal law), and Saint Michael's Episcopal Church (canon law)." Thanks wiki!

UPDATE:  Cancelled.  Fucked up by storm floodings. 

Rainbow Row:  "Rainbow Row is the name for a series of thirteen colorful historic houses in Charleston, South Carolina. It represents the longest cluster of Georgian row houses in the United States." Thanks again wiki!!!

UPDATE:  Cancelled.  Fucked up by storm floodings. 

Charleston City Market:  A Place where you can shop your little heart out...  plus music entertainment.  Day market opens at 9:30 a.m. and closes at 5:30 p.m.  Night market opens at 6:30 p.m. and closes at 10:30 p.m.

UPDATE:  Cancelled.  Fucked up by storm floodings. 

Pineapple Fountain:  This interesting looking fountain is located in the Charleston Waterfront Park.  I am assuming a place to go for a stroll and relax.  From what I've read so far,  pineapples are a thing in Charleston and represent hospitality. 

UPDATE:  Cancelled.  Fucked up by storm floodings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment