Monday, September 14, 2015

Gyms

Why is it so damn hard to find a gym that's (1) affordable, and (2) provides all the services you need?  After a few hours and a few years of looking for a "gym" that offers what I want and what I need, I finally bit the bullet and ended up having to fork out what I believe is a LOT of money, just to "get fit".  I had to figure out what my priority is right now:  (1) get in shape, or (2) save money?   Getting in shape won the debate.  It came to mind fitness programs should be available for free!  Just like frigging healthcare, and higher education.   But since we live in a world where money apparently is what counts, then, shouldn't all this shit be at least somewhat affordable?  I am lucky enough to have a good job that allows me to pay over $100 per month for a damn place to exercise, but what about those who don't?  In a country where fast food and meals high in calories and fat RULE, something's gotta give, right?  I know what some might be thinking: "If someone wants to lose weight they can diet and workout at home."  But it isn't that simple.  Sometimes people need a lil help from others.  A little motivation.  I am one of those that has the DVDs and the weights and the ropes in the comfort of my own home... collecting dust.  I am just not good in exercising on my own.  That's why my go to thing when it comes to "getting fit" are fitness classes.  There's something about being in a group, and having a trainer telling you what to do, that makes you go that distance.

Anyways, I am glad I found Maximum Motion Fitness!  They have classes GALORE that appeal to me, and hopefully, I'll become a regular at their establishment.  Now THAT's on ME.  I think they are pretty great.  Even though the price is a little high for my taste (I went for the $104 per month which included unlimited classes), Maximum Motion Fitness does NOT charge initiation/maintenance fees, does NOT make you enter into any kind of contract so it's month to month, it is close to my home and has classes every day at convenient times.  Convenience for me, is imperative when it comes to having to do hard work and commit to something you don't really "need" to live.  I mean, being fit is important, but in my book, it's not really a priority or even a necessity.

Hopefully, I'll stick to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment