Sunday, November 23, 2014

#PickleFest

So a couple of weeks ago I was browsing around the internet and stumbled upon Rosendale's Pickle Festival flyer.

Now, let it be known that I am not a fan of pickles or pickled things, but I figured...  why the fuck not?  It's not like I do anything interesting with my time on Sundays, nor did I have anything exceptional planned for today, so I put my "something to do" hat on and put together this lil trip with another couple.

This was our first time at a pickle fest and have no idea what to expect, except a whole lotta pickled products.

So this day started with a crack of dawn 8 a.m. wake-up (bear with me, it's a fucking Sunday, ok!?)  The four of us hopped in the car and went for a hearty breakfast at the Brownstone Diner - boy was that delicious!

After getting our tummies filled with deliciousness, off we went on a 2 hour car ride to Rosendale, NY to attend the Pickle Festival.

Cheap (close to free admission) and quick check-in was definitely a plus.  Once in, they had a four tent setup.  The first tent was full of "flea market" and "homemade" items for sale - which is always entertaining to browse through.  The second tent was full of "fair" foods like cakey goodies, Italian sausage sandwiches, cupcakes, dried fruits and vegetables, coffee, pastries, organic fast foods and the
likes. In between tent one and two I noticed a human pickle parading around to take pictures with the visitors - I totally got one, of course.  It was the one things I was looking forward to.  We then passed
by a stand alone tent with a ginormous pickle Christmas ornament symbolizing a German tradition, to which I made everybody enter and take a group picture with.  The third tent was more like the miscellaneous tent, selling all types of peanut butter, cheeses, salsas, pickle juice energy drinks, pastries, venison meats, and chocolate covered bacon.  The last tent was all kinds of pickled shit "heaven", and the equivalent of L.A rush hour traffic.  Masses of people standing in front of the vendors' tables pretty much blocking me and the ones I was with from seeing what was being sold by them, but it was obvious it was with no doubt, the pickled tent.

So this was my Sunday pickled adventure.  My fave parts of the day were seeing the human pickle *grins*, and the stand alone tent with the huge Christmas ornament.

Looking forward to stumbling upon another "weird" event to go to.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment