Sunday, December 14, 2014

Oooooooooooooooh Harras'

I have to say, after a $3,500 loss at Harras' and an $8,500 win at Borgata, it was a lucky night for my dear life companion, so "YAY!" to that.

The birthday dinner was ok.  We went to Bobby Flay Steak - party of 12.  I really wanted to like this place, but I can't say I did.  When we got there, we had to wait.  There's something about having a reservation/appointment for a specific time, getting to the place, and having to wait, that doesn't sit well with me.  It's a pretty big restaurant, yet, they only have one stall bathrooms.  ONE for the ladies, and ONE for the gents - which is the perfect setting to have to wait in line for longer than one should.  When we finally got seated, the wait to get water/drinks/appetizers/meal was way too long.  A party of 12 table should have at least 3 waiters tending to it, not just one.  For appetizer, I had the Chilled Lobster-Avocado Cocktail - I love lobster and avocado, but this wasn't executed the right way.  It would have been a better dish if it didn't have this overpowering taste to it that was neither the avocado or the lobster, and I couldn't quite figure out what it was.  For the entree I had the Porterhouse Lamb Chops (Medium) - I LOVE lamb.  I'll take lamb over steak any day of the week, but... they CHARRED my lamb.  Medium it was NOT!  I didn't send it back 'cause it was a late dinner and we had waited long enough to get to the entree course so I just had two and left the third one on the plate with a one way ticket to the dumpster.  The Cactus Pear Margarita cocktail was my fave part of dinner, but by no means was the best drink I've had.  I think it is to be noted that I ordered a second drink that never made it to the table.  Nobody messes with me and my drinks.  That was simply unacceptable!

Now, onto the nightmare part...

Harras' has to be one of the worst/dirty/disgusting hotels I've ever had the DISPLEASURE of staying at (and I've stayed at Travelodge, so I've had my share of bad rooms).

From DIRTY TOWELS to STAINED MATTRESS to FURNITURE FROM THE 70s to CLEANING LADIES COMING INTO OUR BEDROOM while we were still in bed at 10am, TV with TRULY BASIC CABLE, on demand  movies from the "comfortable" price of $15, LAMPS MISSING THEIR SHADES, no shower cap, no pens, no bottles of water, PAPER CUPS INSTEAD OF GLASS CUPS, and let's not forget A KING SIZED MATTRESS on a QUEEN SIZED BED FRAME.  I mean, the list goes on and on but if I were to list them all, I'd be writing this until the end of days. GROSS!

It's upsetting to come to a "fancy" hotel and have to deal with this shit.  This is the type of crap one expects to see at, say, Motel 9 or Econolodge, but never an overpriced hotel at AC.  And yeah, It was a comp room for us, but people pay a lot of money to stay here on weekends to have such a disgusting and pleasurable stay.  This place definitely left an impression on me.  A truly unforgettable one, but not in a good way!  I'm just APPALLED!


No comments:

Post a Comment