Wednesday, December 10, 2014

37 years ago... I was born.


What a day!

Today started like any other. Up by 7:10 a.m.  cuddled with my doggie for 15 minutes to then get off the bed to start my morning routine to get ready to go to work.  My wonderful boyfriend comes home from the gym and gives me my birthday gifts: (1) The sappiest -and most genuine card he's ever given me; (2) a lil tray of Rocher chocolates - which I DEVOURED by 10 a.m.; and (3) a water pick - which I was thinking of buying myself (therefore making it the perfect gift). Great start of the day I have to say!

All ready, I head out to face the day and commuting animals. What a NICE surprise it was to get to my work desk to find a nice Lil bouquet of flowers and a card from my boss!  Haven't had a boss do something nice like that for me in over FOUR years!  It's amazing how much the little things really count - especially when completely unexpected.  Lunch came and some of my coworkers got me a cupcake (candle and all!) And sang me happy birthday.  That was sweet and unexpected.  Later in the afternoon bossman let me leave half an hour earlier - because every minute counts, YAY!!!!

When I got home, I was so tired I pretty much wanted the couch to swallow me. My boyfriend tho, wasn't having that, so we went to a restaurant of my liking. Food at GP is mofo delicious! Later, as I see a waiter carrying around a big block of what I think is cheese, turns out it's my birthday cake!  This, I wasn't expecting.

Life is annoying at times... Unbearable even! But its days like today that u get to realize and appreciate the "little" things in life that make IT matter.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment